Data Science Post doctoral Associate
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Working Title:||Data Science Post doctoral Associate|
|Faculty Rank:||Postdoctoral Associate|
|About Virginia Tech:||
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Virginia Tech is looking for a Data Science Post Doctoral scholar in the Office of Academic Decision Support. The mission of the office is to promote and facilitate a culture of continuous improvement in the university by developing systems and providing solutions and analyses to support strategic and tactical decisions. The office promotes systematic reflection and effective policy, program, and resource planning by working collaboratively with university leadership, data stewards across campus, and other staff at all levels of the colleges, academic support, and student life units to provide solutions that support shared understandings of institutional data, helping them to achieve student and faculty success.
• Study, research, and develop advanced analytical models that provide insights required for efficient and effective organizational and institutional decision making.
• PhD in Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics or other quantitative discipline
|Must have a conviction check:||Yes|
|How to Apply for this Job:||
Interested candidates should apply online at www.jobs.vt.edu (posting number SR0160252) and include a letter of application that addresses qualifications for and interest in the position along with a comprehensive curriculum vita, short statement of research interest and experience and contact information for three references. For further information, please contact Abhay Joshi, Director, Academic Data Analysis and Visualization, firstname.lastname@example.org, 540-239-9781. Review of materials begins on May 4, 2017.
|Employee Category:||Research Faculty|
|If restricted or temporary, enter end date:||05/31/2018|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt: Not eligible for overtime|
|Tenure Status:||Non-Tenure Track|
|Academic Year or Calendar Year:||Calendar Year|
|If part time, enter Percent Time:|
|Department:||Provost - Administration|
|Location, if not Blacksburg:|
|Location Zip Code:||24061|
|Work Schedule:||Mon-Fri, 8:00am-5:00pm, or as needed|
|Job Posting Date:||04/20/2017|
|Review Begin Date:||05/04/2017|
|Job Close Date(if applicable):|
|Restricted to university employees only?|
|Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement:||
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Accessibility at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
|Reasonable Accommodation Statement:||
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Please describe recruiting source identified in previous question (if applicable):
(Open Ended Question)
How did you first learn about this job opening?
- Chronicle of Higher Education - online
- Chronicle of Higher Education - print
- Higher Ed Jobs (www.higheredjobs.com)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium - HERC (www.hercjobs.org)
- Diverse Jobs (www.diversejobs.net)
- Insight Into Diversity (www.careers.insightintodiversity.com)
- Indeed (www.indeed.com)
- Roanoke Times Online (www.jobs.roanoke.com)
- Commonwealth of Virginia Jobs (www.jobs.virginia.gov)
- Virginia Tech job site (www.jobs.vt.edu)
- Job Fair (please describe below)
- Journal (please describe below)
- Listserv (please describe below)
- Newspaper - print (please describe below)
- Professional Conference (please describe below)
- From a friend/acquaintance not associated with Virginia Tech (please name below)
- From a Virginia Tech employee/representative/recruiter (please name below)
- Veteran related event/site (please describe below)
- Virginia Employment Commission - VEC
- Other Virginia Tech affiliated website (please describe below)
- Other job board such as Simply Hired, Career Builder, etc. (please describe below)
- Other - Not listed (please describe below)
- Resume/Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Candidate Statement