Assistant Director -Student Development and Advising
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Working Title:||Assistant Director -Student Development and Advising|
|Role Title:||Professional Faculty|
|About Virginia Tech:||
Virginia Tech, founded in 1872 as a land-grant institution, is currently ranked as a Top 25 Public University by US News & World Report and a Top 25 Public Research University by the National Science Foundation. Through a combination of its three missions of learning, discovery, and engagement, Virginia Tech continually strives to accomplish the charge of its motto: Ut Prosim (That I May Serve). As the Commonwealth’s most comprehensive university and its leading research institution, Virginia Tech serves a diverse population of 30,000+ students and 8000+ faculty and staff from over 100 countries, and is engaged in research around the world. Invent the Future at Virginia Tech.
The Assistant Director serves as a member of the Social Impact, Design, Communication, and Business Career Network. Members of the Career Network team will work together to serve students in designated academic majors. Additionally, team members will work with employers to understand the breadth and depth of experiential and post-graduation opportunities available for students interested in pursuing careers within the scope of the Career Network.
• Serve as a liaison from Career and Professional Development to the College of Architecture and Urban Studies.
In addition to having strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment, successful candidates for the position will have the following qualifications:
• Considerable experience with career advising.
|Must have a conviction check:||Yes|
|How to Apply for this Job:||
Applicants must complete the online faculty application at www.jobs.vt.edu (Posting #AP0160218) and submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references as attachments to that application. For full consideration, candidates are encouraged to apply by the review date of February 1, 2017. Position vacancy will be opened until filled.
|Employee Category:||Administrative and Professional Faculty|
|If restricted or temporary, enter end date:|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt: Not eligible for overtime|
|Tenure Status:||Non-Tenure Track|
|Academic Year or Calendar Year:||Calendar Year|
|If part time, enter Percent Time:|
|Department:||Career Services Auxiliary|
|Location, if not Blacksburg:|
|Location Zip Code:||24061|
|Work Schedule:||M-F, 8-5|
|Job Posting Date:||08/31/2016|
|Review Begin Date:||02/01/2017|
|Job Close Date:|
|Restricted to university employees only?||No|
|Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement:||
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
|Reasonable Accommodation Statement:||
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
How did you first learn about this job opening?
- Academic Keys (www.academickeys.com)
- Chronicle of Higher Education - online
- Chronicle of Higher Education - print
- Diverse Jobs (www.diversejobs.net)
- Higher Ed Jobs (www.higheredjobs.com)
- Inside Higher Ed (www.insidehighered.com)
- Indeed (www.indeed.com)
- Roanoke Times Online (www.jobs.roanoke.com)
- Commonwealth of Virginia Jobs (www.jobs.virginia.gov)
- Virginia Tech job site (www.jobs.vt.edu)
- Other Virginia Tech affiliated website (please describe below)
- Other job board such as Simply Hired, Career Builder, etc. (please describe below)
- Job Fair (please describe below)
- Journal (please describe below)
- Listserv (please describe below)
- Newspaper - print (please describe below)
- Professional Conference (please describe below)
- From a friend/acquaintance not associated with Virginia Tech (please name below)
- From a Virginia Tech employee/representative/recruiter (please name below)
- Veteran related event/site (please describe below)
- Virginia Employment Commission - VEC
- Other - Not listed (please describe below)
Please describe recruiting source identified in previous question (if applicable):
(Open Ended Question)
- Resume/Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter
- List of References