Associate Director of Innovate
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Working Title:||Associate Director of Innovate|
|Role Title:||Professional Faculty|
|About Virginia Tech:||
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
The Associate Director of Student Programs (AP Faculty) in the Apex Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship will have overall responsibility for student programming in an entrepreneurship Living Learning Community for first year students, and optional residential leadership opportunities for second and third year students. The Associate Director is responsible for successfully managing an innovative partnership between the Pamplin College of Business’ Apex Systems Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship (Apex CIE) and Division of Student Affairs through which this Living Learning Communinity has grown. The associate director is also responsible for identifying and developing additional student programming that supports the entrepreneurship education and development objectives of the center. In addition, the associate director is expected to teach two three-credit hour classes per year. This is a non-tenure track, full-year (12 month) position. Applicants should possess an advanced degree in business, have evidence of scholarship and practical experience related to entrepreneurship, innovation, leadership, and be willing to contribute to innovative interdisciplinary scholarship and the wider mission of the Apex CIE at Virginia Tech. The Associate Director of Student Programs reports to the Director of the Apex Systems Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship.
• Attainment of earned master’s degree
• Experience working with entrepreneurial and innovative students at an undergraduate educational setting
|Must have a conviction check:||Yes|
|How to Apply for this Job:||
For a complete listing of position qualifications, and to apply, please visit www.jobs.vt.edu, and search for posting AP0170103.
Review of applications will begin on April 12, 2017.
|Employee Category:||Administrative and Professional Faculty|
|If restricted or temporary, enter end date:||Reviewed Annually|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt: Not eligible for overtime|
|Tenure Status:||Non-Tenure Track|
|Academic Year or Calendar Year:||Calendar Year|
|If part time, enter Percent Time:|
|Department:||CIE (Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship)|
|Location, if not Blacksburg:|
|Location Zip Code:||24061|
|Work Schedule:||8-5, M-F + As Needed|
|Job Posting Date:||03/29/2017|
|Review Begin Date:||04/12/2017|
|Job Close Date:|
|Restricted to university employees only?||No|
|Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement:||
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
|Reasonable Accommodation Statement:||
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
How did you first learn about this job opening?
- Chronicle of Higher Education - online
- Chronicle of Higher Education - print
- Higher Ed Jobs (www.higheredjobs.com)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium - HERC (www.hercjobs.org)
- Diverse Jobs (www.diversejobs.net)
- Insight Into Diversity (www.careers.insightintodiversity.com)
- Indeed (www.indeed.com)
- Roanoke Times Online (www.jobs.roanoke.com)
- Commonwealth of Virginia Jobs (www.jobs.virginia.gov)
- Virginia Tech job site (www.jobs.vt.edu)
- Job Fair (please describe below)
- Journal (please describe below)
- Listserv (please describe below)
- Newspaper - print (please describe below)
- Professional Conference (please describe below)
- From a friend/acquaintance not associated with Virginia Tech (please name below)
- From a Virginia Tech employee/representative/recruiter (please name below)
- Veteran related event/site (please describe below)
- Virginia Employment Commission - VEC
- Other Virginia Tech affiliated website (please describe below)
- Other job board such as Simply Hired, Career Builder, etc. (please describe below)
- Other - Not listed (please describe below)
Please describe recruiting source identified in previous question (if applicable):
(Open Ended Question)
- Resume/Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter
- List of References