Business Intelligence Support Analyst
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Working Title:||Business Intelligence Support Analyst|
|Role Title:||Professional Faculty|
|About Virginia Tech:||
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
The Business Intelligence Support Analyst will have a direct and significant impact on the success of numerous projects involved in the effort to build an integrated business intelligence platform. The individual will administer business intelligence applications, develop technical solutions, and become fluent in the business intelligence technologies utilized by the University.
The BI Support Analyst must be able to work cooperatively in a cross-team environment as well as independently manage project tasks; accept responsibility for mission critical systems; meet deadlines; and be able to respond to ever changing business needs and technology to meet the general goals of the university. The person will participate directly in automating processes for efficiency, designing and implementing reports and dashboards, testing data and reports, and troubleshooting issues.
This position requires a combination of strong user-facing skills and an understanding of both business needs and the underlying technologies to support them, preferably in a higher education environment. The BI Support Analyst will follow and provide input on policies supporting coding standards, code promotion, report development, and other technical standards as they apply. This team member will interact with business, data, and information technology personnel to complete BI requests.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• Experience analyzing user requirements and building front-end BI applications according to specifications.
|Must have a conviction check:||Yes|
|How to Apply for this Job:||
Qualified applicants must electronically submit online application, curriculum vitae, cover letter, and a list of references to jobs.vt.edu. Apply to posting #AP0170100. Applicant screening will start April 10th and continue until the position is filled. Virginia Tech is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities.
|Employee Category:||Administrative and Professional Faculty|
|If restricted or temporary, enter end date:|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt: Not eligible for overtime|
|Tenure Status:||Non-Tenure Track|
|Academic Year or Calendar Year:||Calendar Year|
|If part time, enter Percent Time:|
|Pay Range:||Commensurate with Experience|
|Department:||Business Intelligence Services|
|Location, if not Blacksburg:|
|Location Zip Code:||24061|
|Work Schedule:||M-F 8-5 PM|
|Job Posting Date:||03/27/2017|
|Review Begin Date:||04/10/2017|
|Job Close Date:|
|Restricted to university employees only?||No|
|Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement:||
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
|Reasonable Accommodation Statement:||
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
How did you first learn about this job opening?
- Chronicle of Higher Education - online
- Chronicle of Higher Education - print
- Higher Ed Jobs (www.higheredjobs.com)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium - HERC (www.hercjobs.org)
- Diverse Jobs (www.diversejobs.net)
- Insight Into Diversity (www.careers.insightintodiversity.com)
- Indeed (www.indeed.com)
- Roanoke Times Online (www.jobs.roanoke.com)
- Commonwealth of Virginia Jobs (www.jobs.virginia.gov)
- Virginia Tech job site (www.jobs.vt.edu)
- Job Fair (please describe below)
- Journal (please describe below)
- Listserv (please describe below)
- Newspaper - print (please describe below)
- Professional Conference (please describe below)
- From a friend/acquaintance not associated with Virginia Tech (please name below)
- From a Virginia Tech employee/representative/recruiter (please name below)
- Veteran related event/site (please describe below)
- Virginia Employment Commission - VEC
- Other Virginia Tech affiliated website (please describe below)
- Other job board such as Simply Hired, Career Builder, etc. (please describe below)
- Other - Not listed (please describe below)
Please describe recruiting source identified in previous question (if applicable):
(Open Ended Question)
- Resume/Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter
- List of References