Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Working Title:||Research Assistant|
|Role Title:||Public Relations & Marketing Specialist II|
|About Virginia Tech:||
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
The Research Assistant provides support for the Office of Economic Development. Responsibilities include collecting and analyzing economic data and conducting literature reviews. This position will also compile and format information for presentations, reports, proposals and other materials. The position will occasionally serve as a liaison with public, industry representatives and government officials. The position will also assist students and faculty to coordinate and further their research efforts. Some travel could be required.
Experience conducting research and reviewing and editing a variety of documents and research articles; experience writing and editing reports or proposals; advanced skills with MS Word, PowerPoint, Acess, and Adobe Acrobat.
Bachelor’s degree in business, social sciences, economics, or a related field; experience with GIS analysis.
|Must have a conviction check:||Yes|
|How to Apply for this Job:||
For a complete listing of position qualifications, and to apply, please visit www.jobs.vt.edu, and search for posting SW0170283. Review of applications will begin on April 24, 2017.
|Employee Category:||Hourly Wage Staff, limited to 1500 hrs/year|
|If restricted or temporary, enter end date:||06/01/2018|
|FLSA Status:||Non-exempt: Eligible for overtime|
|Academic Year or Calendar Year:||Calendar Year|
|If part time, enter Percent Time:||72.5|
|Pay Range:||up to 15.00 per hour based on experience|
|Location, if not Blacksburg:|
|Location Zip Code:||24061|
|Work Schedule:||8 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Review Begin Date:||04/24/2017|
|Job Close Date:|
|Restricted to university employees only?||No|
|Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement:||
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
|Reasonable Accommodation Statement:||
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
How did you first learn about this job opening?
- Chronicle of Higher Education - online
- Chronicle of Higher Education - print
- Higher Ed Jobs (www.higheredjobs.com)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium - HERC (www.hercjobs.org)
- Diverse Jobs (www.diversejobs.net)
- Insight Into Diversity (www.careers.insightintodiversity.com)
- Indeed (www.indeed.com)
- Roanoke Times Online (www.jobs.roanoke.com)
- Commonwealth of Virginia Jobs (www.jobs.virginia.gov)
- Virginia Tech job site (www.jobs.vt.edu)
- Job Fair (please describe below)
- Journal (please describe below)
- Listserv (please describe below)
- Newspaper - print (please describe below)
- Professional Conference (please describe below)
- From a friend/acquaintance not associated with Virginia Tech (please name below)
- From a Virginia Tech employee/representative/recruiter (please name below)
- Veteran related event/site (please describe below)
- Virginia Employment Commission - VEC
- Other Virginia Tech affiliated website (please describe below)
- Other job board such as Simply Hired, Career Builder, etc. (please describe below)
- Other - Not listed (please describe below)
Please describe recruiting source identified in previous question (if applicable):
(Open Ended Question)
- Resume/Curriculum Vita
- List of References
- Cover Letter