Senior Associate Director of Benefits Administration
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Working Title:||Senior Associate Director of Benefits Administration|
|Role Title:||Professional Faculty|
|About Virginia Tech:||
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
The Senior Associate Director of Benefits Administration is responsible for the daily oversight and management of benefits administration and customer service, including the following programs: health insurance, worker’s compensation, leave, long- and short-term disability, life insurance, and customer support. The Senior Associate Director monitors industry trends, practices, and costs; reviews and evaluates current programs; recommends improvements to employee benefit plans; and ensures programs align with the university’s strategic objectives. In carrying out the oversight of the retirement programs (including 403(b), 415(m) and 401(a) qualified plans), the Senior Associate Director ensures compliance with IRS regulations, working with legal counsel and plan vendors to maintain up-to-date and accurate plan documents, and working with our internal Optional Retirement Plan Committee to review investment options and evaluate the performance of selected plan vendors. The Senior Associate Director ensures compliance with state and federally mandated programs including Medical, LTD, STD, Life, Workers Compensation and Leave Programs. Additionally, the Senior Associate Director is responsible for the development and delivery of a comprehensive educational program to inform employees regarding the entire suite of benefits offerings and provides oversight for the Human Resources Service Center, which is the university communities first point of contact for receiving assistance and information for a wide range of human resource topics and programs.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline or Bachelor’s degree with training and relevant experience equating to an advanced degree.
- Benefits administration experience in a higher education institution or large non-profit/State funded organization.
|Employment Conditions:||Must have a criminal background check, Must have an acceptable and safe driving record|
|Must have a conviction check:||Yes|
- May need to work additional hours outside of normal schedule to meet the needs of the department and division.
|How to Apply for this Job:||
For a full description of the position and requirements, and to apply, please go to www.jobs.vt.edu, posting AP0170080. Attach a resume, cover letter, and list of three professional references to the online application. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
|Employee Category:||Administrative and Professional Faculty|
|If restricted or temporary, enter end date:|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt: Not eligible for overtime|
|Tenure Status:||Non-Tenure Track|
|Academic Year or Calendar Year:||Calendar Year|
|If part time, enter Percent Time:|
|Pay Range:||Commensurate with Experience|
|Location, if not Blacksburg:|
|Location Zip Code:||24061|
|Work Schedule:||Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm may vary depending on business needs|
|Job Posting Date:||03/24/2017|
|Review Begin Date:||05/15/2017|
|Job Close Date:|
|Restricted to university employees only?||No|
|Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement:||
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
|Reasonable Accommodation Statement:||
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Do you have experience in benefits and/or human resources administration?
How did you first learn about this job opening?
- Chronicle of Higher Education - online
- Chronicle of Higher Education - print
- Higher Ed Jobs (www.higheredjobs.com)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium - HERC (www.hercjobs.org)
- Diverse Jobs (www.diversejobs.net)
- Insight Into Diversity (www.careers.insightintodiversity.com)
- Indeed (www.indeed.com)
- Roanoke Times Online (www.jobs.roanoke.com)
- Commonwealth of Virginia Jobs (www.jobs.virginia.gov)
- Virginia Tech job site (www.jobs.vt.edu)
- Job Fair (please describe below)
- Journal (please describe below)
- Listserv (please describe below)
- Newspaper - print (please describe below)
- Professional Conference (please describe below)
- From a friend/acquaintance not associated with Virginia Tech (please name below)
- From a Virginia Tech employee/representative/recruiter (please name below)
- Veteran related event/site (please describe below)
- Virginia Employment Commission - VEC
- Other Virginia Tech affiliated website (please describe below)
- Other job board such as Simply Hired, Career Builder, etc. (please describe below)
- Other - Not listed (please describe below)
Please describe recruiting source identified in previous question (if applicable):
(Open Ended Question)
- Resume/Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Other Doc