Parking Customer Service Agent
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Working Title:||Parking Customer Service Agent|
|Role Title:||Administrative & Office Specialist III|
|About Virginia Tech:||
Virginia Tech, founded in 1872 as a land-grant institution, is currently ranked as a Top 30 Public University by US News & World Report and a Top 30 Public Research University by the National Science Foundation. Through a combination of its three missions of learning, discovery, and engagement, Virginia Tech continually strives to accomplish the charge of its motto: Ut Prosim (That I May Serve). As the Commonwealth’s most comprehensive university and its leading research institution, Virginia Tech serves a diverse population of 30,000+ students and 8000+ faculty and staff from over 100 countries, and is engaged in research around the world. Invent the Future at Virginia Tech.
The Parking Customer Service Agent is responsible for providing parking services support to employees, students, and visitors of the Virginia Tech campus. Responsibilities include providing excellent customer service to a diverse group of customers, collection of the majority of the revenue received at Parking Services including selling and issuing parking permits, Smart Way bus passes, processing citation payments, and performing data entry to process information into the Flex Parking database system. In addition, they will perform report maintenance, daily cash drawer balance, permit inventory, weekly processing of meter collections, and daily processing of returned mail. Other duties include serving as backup for the Receptionist and Booth Attendant at the North End Center as needed. May be required to work overtime, nights, weekends, and special events as needed.
- Strong customer service and cashiering experience in a high demand environment.
- Experience working with database applications.
|Employment Conditions:||Must have a criminal background check, Must have valid driver's license, Must have an acceptable and safe driving record|
|Must have a conviction check:||Yes|
- Must maintain driver’s license and eligibility to operate a state owned motor vehicle.
|How to Apply for this Job:||
Interested applicants should complete an online application at www.jobs.vt.edu, posting #SW0170212. Please attach required documents. The deadline to apply for this position is 3/29/2017.
|Employee Category:||Staff (Salary)|
|If restricted or temporary, enter end date:|
|FLSA Status:||Non-exempt: Eligible for overtime|
|Academic Year or Calendar Year:||Calendar Year|
|If part time, enter Percent Time:|
|Pay Range:||Commensurate with Experience|
|Location, if not Blacksburg:|
|Location Zip Code:||24061|
|Work Schedule:||8:00a.m - 5:00p.m., Monday-Friday|
|Review Begin Date:|
|Job Close Date:||03/29/2017|
|Restricted to university employees only?||No|
|Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement:||
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
|Reasonable Accommodation Statement:||
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Do you have an Interagency Placement Screening Form (Yellow Form) as issued under Policy 1.30 Layoff? (Commonwealth of Virginia Employees Only)
Do you have a Preferential Hiring Form (Blue Form) as issued under Policy 1.30 Layoff? (Commonwealth of Virginia Employees Only)
How did you first learn about this job opening?
- Chronicle of Higher Education - online
- Chronicle of Higher Education - print
- Higher Ed Jobs (www.higheredjobs.com)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium - HERC (www.hercjobs.org)
- Diverse Jobs (www.diversejobs.net)
- Insight Into Diversity (www.careers.insightintodiversity.com)
- Indeed (www.indeed.com)
- Roanoke Times Online (www.jobs.roanoke.com)
- Commonwealth of Virginia Jobs (www.jobs.virginia.gov)
- Virginia Tech job site (www.jobs.vt.edu)
- Job Fair (please describe below)
- Journal (please describe below)
- Listserv (please describe below)
- Newspaper - print (please describe below)
- Professional Conference (please describe below)
- From a friend/acquaintance not associated with Virginia Tech (please name below)
- From a Virginia Tech employee/representative/recruiter (please name below)
- Veteran related event/site (please describe below)
- Virginia Employment Commission - VEC
- Other Virginia Tech affiliated website (please describe below)
- Other job board such as Simply Hired, Career Builder, etc. (please describe below)
- Other - Not listed (please describe below)
Please describe recruiting source identified in previous question (if applicable):
(Open Ended Question)
- Resume/Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter