Instructor, Packaging Systems and Design
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Working Title:||Instructor, Packaging Systems and Design|
|About Virginia Tech:||
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
The Department of Sustainable Biomaterials, College of Natural Resources and Environment seeks an Instructor to support the Packaging Systems & Design degree program.
Position Description: The instructor will teach existing courses, develop new courses and course materials, help maintain laboratories and laboratory equipment, and aid in student recruiting. The position is a 9 month academic year appointment, non-tenure track, renewable based on performance and funding, with the possibility of support for summer employment.
• M.S. or M.A. degree in Packaging Science, Engineering, Industrial Design, Graphic Communication, or related program
• Earned degree in Packaging Science
|Must have a conviction check?||Yes|
|How to Apply for this Job:||
Application materials must include a current vitae, copies of official transcripts for all degrees at all institutions attended, and the names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses for four professional references. Applicants will submit a written statement of interest that addresses the matching of personal skills and education with the position description, summary of classes taught and proposed classes that they can teach, teaching philosophy, and experience and philosophy with regard to diversity and inclusion. Applicants must apply online at www.jobs.vt.edu posting #TR0170022. Review of candidate files will begin on April 15, 2017 and continue until a suitable candidate is identified. The successful candidate will be required to provide official transcripts.
|Employee Category:||Instructional/Research Faculty|
|If restricted or temporary, enter end date:||May 9, 2018|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt: Not eligible for overtime|
|Tenure Status:||Non-Tenure Track|
|Academic Year or Calendar Year?||Standard Academic Year|
|If part time, enter Percent Time:|
|Location, if not Blacksburg:|
|Location Zip Code:||24061|
|Job Posting Date:||03/15/2017|
|Review Begin Date:||04/15/2017|
|Job Close Date: (if applicable)|
|Restricted to university employees only?|
|Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement:||
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Accessibility at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
|Reasonable Accommodation Statement:||
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Please describe recruiting source identified in previous question (if applicable):
(Open Ended Question)
How did you first learn about this job opening?
- Chronicle of Higher Education - online
- Chronicle of Higher Education - print
- Higher Ed Jobs (www.higheredjobs.com)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium - HERC (www.hercjobs.org)
- Diverse Jobs (www.diversejobs.net)
- Insight Into Diversity (www.careers.insightintodiversity.com)
- Indeed (www.indeed.com)
- Roanoke Times Online (www.jobs.roanoke.com)
- Commonwealth of Virginia Jobs (www.jobs.virginia.gov)
- Virginia Tech job site (www.jobs.vt.edu)
- Job Fair (please describe below)
- Journal (please describe below)
- Listserv (please describe below)
- Newspaper - print (please describe below)
- Professional Conference (please describe below)
- From a friend/acquaintance not associated with Virginia Tech (please name below)
- From a Virginia Tech employee/representative/recruiter (please name below)
- Veteran related event/site (please describe below)
- Virginia Employment Commission - VEC
- Other Virginia Tech affiliated website (please describe below)
- Other job board such as Simply Hired, Career Builder, etc. (please describe below)
- Other - Not listed (please describe below)
- Resume/Curriculum Vita
- List of References
- Candidate Statement
- Other Doc