Chief of Staff to AVP and Chief Facilities Officer
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Working Title:||Chief of Staff to AVP and Chief Facilities Officer|
|Role Title:||Professional Faculty|
|About Virginia Tech:||
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President and Chief Facilities Officer (AVP&CFO), the Chief of Staff provides direct support to the AVP&CFO and provides management oversight for the operational affairs in the Office of the Associate Vice President for Facilities. This position manages special projects for the AVP&CFO; prepares briefings and material, including benchmarking research and report preparation; coordinates meeting materials of the Buildings and Grounds Committee of the Board of Visitors for submission to the Vice President for Administration’s Office; and provides overall active tracking and steering of the most central issues in Facilities. The Chief of Staff also oversees the management of the AVP&CFO and division calendars, as well as all administrative staff management. Additionally, the Chief of Staff directly/indirectly supervises a staff of nine employees, and provides leadership to the Office of Sustainability and the Office of Facilities Occupational Safety Programs
- Master’s degree in Business, Public Administration or related field or equivalent level of training and relevant experience
- Experience working in a university setting.
|Employment Conditions:||Must have a driver's license check, Other (Describe Below)|
|Must have a conviction check:||Yes|
May be required to work additional hours or modified work schedule to meet the needs of the department.
|How to Apply for this Job:||
For a full description of the position and requirements, and to apply, please go to www.jobs.vt.edu, posting #AP0170060. Attach a resume, cover letter, and list of three professional references to the online application. Review of applications will begin on March 28, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
|Employee Category:||Administrative and Professional Faculty|
|If restricted or temporary, enter end date:|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt: Not eligible for overtime|
|Tenure Status:||Non-Tenure Track|
|Academic Year or Calendar Year:||Calendar Year|
|If part time, enter Percent Time:|
|Pay Range:||Commensurate with Experience|
|Department:||FS - Assoc VP/Chief Facilities Office|
|Location, if not Blacksburg:|
|Location Zip Code:||24061|
|Work Schedule:||M - F 8:00 am to 5:00 pm|
|Job Posting Date:||02/21/2017|
|Review Begin Date:||03/28/2017|
|Job Close Date:|
|Restricted to university employees only?||No|
|Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement:||
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
|Reasonable Accommodation Statement:||
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
How did you first learn about this job opening?
- Chronicle of Higher Education - online
- Chronicle of Higher Education - print
- Higher Ed Jobs (www.higheredjobs.com)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium - HERC (www.hercjobs.org)
- Diverse Jobs (www.diversejobs.net)
- Insight Into Diversity (www.careers.insightintodiversity.com)
- Indeed (www.indeed.com)
- Roanoke Times Online (www.jobs.roanoke.com)
- Commonwealth of Virginia Jobs (www.jobs.virginia.gov)
- Virginia Tech job site (www.jobs.vt.edu)
- Job Fair (please describe below)
- Journal (please describe below)
- Listserv (please describe below)
- Newspaper - print (please describe below)
- Professional Conference (please describe below)
- From a friend/acquaintance not associated with Virginia Tech (please name below)
- From a Virginia Tech employee/representative/recruiter (please name below)
- Veteran related event/site (please describe below)
- Virginia Employment Commission - VEC
- Other Virginia Tech affiliated website (please describe below)
- Other job board such as Simply Hired, Career Builder, etc. (please describe below)
- Other - Not listed (please describe below)
Please describe recruiting source identified in previous question (if applicable):
(Open Ended Question)
- Resume/Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Other Doc