Instructional Designer for ePortfolio Initiatives
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Working Title:||Instructional Designer for ePortfolio Initiatives|
|Role Title:||Professional Faculty|
|About Virginia Tech:||
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
The Instructional Designer for ePortfolio Initiatives serves as the primary point of contact for the ePortfolio program and will work closely with the Associate Director of Teaching & Learning Engagement (T&LE) and university-wide stakeholders to develop a vision and implementation plan for a new student-centered ePortfolio program. The successful candidate will work to establish faculty partnerships during all stages of ePortfolio adoption and will also work with students who are developing portfolios in courses, co-curricular programs and for career advising. While the core duties of this position will focus on e-Portfolios, the successful candidate will also have the opportunity to shape parts of this position around his or her interests and skills. In particular, the successful candidate may have strengths in instructional design, faculty development, program implementation, project management and program evaluation.
- PhD in Instructional Design or related field OR master’s degree with significant work experience in the ePortfolio field
- Experience coordinating e-Portfolio or other High-Impact Practice programs
|Must have a conviction check:||Yes|
|How to Apply for this Job:||
Applications must be submitted online at www.jobs.vt.edu The application package needs to include a resume, cover letter addressing the candidate’s experience with the responsibilities associated with the position, and the required and preferred qualifications, and names of three (3) references and their contact information. Review of applications will begin 3/27 and continue until the position is filled.
|Employee Category:||Administrative and Professional Faculty|
|If restricted or temporary, enter end date:|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt: Not eligible for overtime|
|Tenure Status:||Non-Tenure Track|
|Academic Year or Calendar Year:||Calendar Year|
|If part time, enter Percent Time:|
|Pay Range:||$58,000 minimum dependent upon qualifications and experience|
|Location, if not Blacksburg:|
|Location Zip Code:||24061|
|Work Schedule:||8am-5pm M-F or as assigned|
|Job Posting Date:||03/13/2017|
|Review Begin Date:||03/27/2017|
|Job Close Date:|
|Restricted to university employees only?||No|
|Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement:||
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
|Reasonable Accommodation Statement:||
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
How did you first learn about this job opening?
- Chronicle of Higher Education - online
- Chronicle of Higher Education - print
- Higher Ed Jobs (www.higheredjobs.com)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium - HERC (www.hercjobs.org)
- Diverse Jobs (www.diversejobs.net)
- Insight Into Diversity (www.careers.insightintodiversity.com)
- Indeed (www.indeed.com)
- Roanoke Times Online (www.jobs.roanoke.com)
- Commonwealth of Virginia Jobs (www.jobs.virginia.gov)
- Virginia Tech job site (www.jobs.vt.edu)
- Job Fair (please describe below)
- Journal (please describe below)
- Listserv (please describe below)
- Newspaper - print (please describe below)
- Professional Conference (please describe below)
- From a friend/acquaintance not associated with Virginia Tech (please name below)
- From a Virginia Tech employee/representative/recruiter (please name below)
- Veteran related event/site (please describe below)
- Virginia Employment Commission - VEC
- Other Virginia Tech affiliated website (please describe below)
- Other job board such as Simply Hired, Career Builder, etc. (please describe below)
- Other - Not listed (please describe below)
Please describe recruiting source identified in previous question (if applicable):
(Open Ended Question)
- Resume/Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Other Doc