Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Working Title:||Staff Auditor|
|Role Title:||Auditor I|
|About Virginia Tech:||
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
The Staff Auditor position is responsible for conducting structured, limited-scope compliance reviews and may assist Senior Auditors and the Audit Manager in the performance of financial, compliance, and operational audits of campus organizations and departments. In addition, this position is responsible for conducting, as an Auditor-In-Charge (AIC), small to mid-size audits of departments and functional areas where the scope is expected to be straight-forward in nature. Incumbents are expected to have exposure to internal audit work which conforms to professional standards. Work assigned to incumbents will generally be well defined and is expected to be carried out with supervision from the Audit Manager. Auditors should complete work with general instructions, seeking guidance from supervising staff when clarification of assigned tasks is needed. Decisions regarding the scope of work performed, nature of testing completed, and the reporting disposition of results will be overseen by the Audit Manager and/or Associate Director. Incumbents are responsible for communicating audit results, including the preparation of written reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or related field or equivalent training and/or experience.
- CPA, CIA, CISA, and/or relevant professional certification.
|Employment Conditions:||Must have a criminal background check, Statement of Economic Interest is required|
|Must have a conviction check:||Yes|
|How to Apply for this Job:||
To apply applicants must complete the online application at www.jobs.vt.edu, posting #SW0170173, and submit a cover letter, resume and list of references as an attachment to the application. Review of applications will begin on April 3, 2017.
|Employee Category:||Staff (Salary)|
|If restricted or temporary, enter end date:|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt: Not eligible for overtime|
|Academic Year or Calendar Year:||Calendar Year|
|If part time, enter Percent Time:|
|Pay Range:||Commensurate with Experience|
|Department:||University Internal Audit|
|Location, if not Blacksburg:|
|Location Zip Code:||24061|
|Work Schedule:||Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm.|
|Review Begin Date:||04/03/2017|
|Job Close Date:|
|Restricted to university employees only?||No|
|Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement:||
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
|Reasonable Accommodation Statement:||
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Do you have a Bachelor's degree in business or related field or equivalent level of training and or experience?
Do you have experience in interpreting or auditing complex governmental laws or regulations and implementing or recommending policies and procedures to ensure compliance with same?
Describe your level of experience working with Excel.
- No experience
- Use is limited to spreadsheets with lists and column totals
- Use regularly for reports, budgets and other account tracking
- Use features such as charts in addition to reporting
- Use advanced data management features such as pivot tables
- Use for statistical and data anlaysis
- Use other spreasheet product
Describe for what purpose you have used Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
(Open Ended Question)
Please describe your previous experience handling confidential information.
(Open Ended Question)
Please describe your project management experience.
(Open Ended Question)
Do you have an Interagency Placement Screening Form (Yellow Form) as issued under Policy 1.30 Layoff? (Commonwealth of Virginia Employees Only)
Do you have a Preferential Hiring Form (Blue Form) as issued under Policy 1.30 Layoff? (Commonwealth of Virginia Employees Only).
How did you first learn about this job opening?
- Chronicle of Higher Education - online
- Chronicle of Higher Education - print
- Higher Ed Jobs (www.higheredjobs.com)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium - HERC (www.hercjobs.org)
- Diverse Jobs (www.diversejobs.net)
- Insight Into Diversity (www.careers.insightintodiversity.com)
- Indeed (www.indeed.com)
- Roanoke Times Online (www.jobs.roanoke.com)
- Commonwealth of Virginia Jobs (www.jobs.virginia.gov)
- Virginia Tech job site (www.jobs.vt.edu)
- Job Fair (please describe below)
- Journal (please describe below)
- Listserv (please describe below)
- Newspaper - print (please describe below)
- Professional Conference (please describe below)
- From a friend/acquaintance not associated with Virginia Tech (please name below)
- From a Virginia Tech employee/representative/recruiter (please name below)
- Veteran related event/site (please describe below)
- Virginia Employment Commission - VEC
- Other Virginia Tech affiliated website (please describe below)
- Other job board such as Simply Hired, Career Builder, etc. (please describe below)
- Other - Not listed (please describe below)
Please describe recruiting source identified in previous question (if applicable):
(Open Ended Question)
- Resume/Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter
- List of References