Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Working Title:||Budget Manager|
|Role Title:||Financial Services Specialist I|
|About Virginia Tech:||
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
The VT Center for Autism Research (VTCAR) is a college-level center designed to promote multi-disciplinary state-of-the-art research related to autism and associated neurodevelopmental conditions. We currently focus on four core research areas, including biomedical/imaging, clinical translational, technology, and education research areas. We seek to become a nationally and internationally recognized autism research center, focused on cutting-edge research that merges multiple disciplines to understand the assessment, etiology, development, treatment, and public health impact of autism spectrum disorders. VTCAR will direct research from multiple disciplines that is dependent on grant funding for resources. The research is in collaboration with multiple departments at VT, research institutions, and service agencies. The Budget Manager position will have two primary functions of managing the financial activity of the center and facilitating grant proposal development and submission. Specific job responsibilites include assisting all VTCAR faculty affiliates in the following ways:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science, psychology, education, or related field or equivalent level of training and/or experience.
- Working knowledge of university policies and procedures related to fiscal and purchasing activity.
|Employment Conditions:||Must have a criminal background check|
|Must have a conviction check:||Yes|
|How to Apply for this Job:||
To apply applicants must complete the online application at www.jobs.vt.edu, posting #SW0170095, and submit a cover letter, resume and list of references as an attachment to the application. Job posting will close on March 20, 2017.
|Employee Category:||Staff (Salary)|
|If restricted or temporary, enter end date:|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt: Not eligible for overtime|
|Academic Year or Calendar Year:||Calendar Year|
|If part time, enter Percent Time:|
|Pay Band: ||4|
|Pay Range:||40,000-50,000 Commensurate with Experience|
|Location, if not Blacksburg:|
|Location Zip Code:||24060|
|Work Schedule:||8:00-5:00 M-F|
|Review Begin Date:|
|Job Close Date:||03/20/2017|
|Restricted to university employees only?||No|
|Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement:||
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
|Reasonable Accommodation Statement:||
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Do you have an Interagency Placement Screening Form (Yellow Form) as issued under Policy 1.30 Layoff? (Commonwealth of Virginia Employees Only)
Do you have a Preferential Hiring Form (Blue Form) as issued under Policy 1.30 Layoff? (Commonwealth of Virginia Employees Only).
How did you first learn about this job opening?
- Chronicle of Higher Education - online
- Chronicle of Higher Education - print
- Higher Ed Jobs (www.higheredjobs.com)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium - HERC (www.hercjobs.org)
- Diverse Jobs (www.diversejobs.net)
- Insight Into Diversity (www.careers.insightintodiversity.com)
- Indeed (www.indeed.com)
- Roanoke Times Online (www.jobs.roanoke.com)
- Commonwealth of Virginia Jobs (www.jobs.virginia.gov)
- Virginia Tech job site (www.jobs.vt.edu)
- Job Fair (please describe below)
- Journal (please describe below)
- Listserv (please describe below)
- Newspaper - print (please describe below)
- Professional Conference (please describe below)
- From a friend/acquaintance not associated with Virginia Tech (please name below)
- From a Virginia Tech employee/representative/recruiter (please name below)
- Veteran related event/site (please describe below)
- Virginia Employment Commission - VEC
- Other Virginia Tech affiliated website (please describe below)
- Other job board such as Simply Hired, Career Builder, etc. (please describe below)
- Other - Not listed (please describe below)
Please describe recruiting source identified in previous question (if applicable):
(Open Ended Question)
- Resume/Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter
- List of References