Instructor, Language and Culture Institute
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
|Working Title:||Instructor, Language and Culture Institute|
|About Virginia Tech:||
Virginia Tech, founded in 1872 as a land-grant institution, is currently ranked as a Top 25 Public University by US News & World Report and a Top 25 Public Research University by the National Science Foundation. Through a combination of its three missions of learning, discovery, and engagement, Virginia Tech continually strives to accomplish the charge of its motto: Ut Prosim (That I May Serve). As the Commonwealth’s most comprehensive university and its leading research institution, Virginia Tech serves a diverse population of 30,000+ students and 8000+ faculty and staff from over 100 countries, and is engaged in research around the world. Invent the Future at Virginia Tech.
Reporting to the Associate Director of the Intensive English Program for the Virginia Tech Language and Culture Institute (VTLCI), the Instructor is responsible for the planning, teaching, and evaluating assigned classes in accordance with VTLCI curriculum. The instructor will also maintain student class records; fulfill committee and administrative duties as required or requested; participate in professional development activities. All appointments are subject to enrollment.
- Master’s degree in TESOL or a related field
International work experience is desirable
|Employment Conditions:||Must have a criminal background check|
|Must have a conviction check?||Yes|
Direct questions concerning this position to:
Dr. Elsie Paredes
|How to Apply for this Job:||
For a full description of the position and requirements, please go to www.jobs.vt.edu. Attach a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references to the online faculty application. Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations should notify Dr. Elsie Paredes at email@example.com.
|Employee Category:||Temporary Faculty (non-salaried)|
|Appointment Type:||Temp, non-salaried wage|
|If restricted or temporary, enter end date:||based upon revenue|
|FLSA Status:||Exempt: Not eligible for overtime|
|Tenure Status:||Non-Tenure Track|
|Academic Year or Calendar Year?||Calendar Year|
|If part time, enter Percent Time:|
|Pay Range:||commensurate with experience|
|Department:||Language & Culture Institute_BB|
|Location, if not Blacksburg:|
|Location Zip Code:||24061|
|Job Posting Date:||11/05/2015|
|Review Begin Date:||05/31/2016|
|Job Close Date: (if applicable)|
|Restricted to university employees only?||No|
|Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement:||
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-8771 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
|Reasonable Accommodation Statement:||
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Please describe recruiting source identified in previous question (if applicable):
(Open Ended Question)
How did you first learn about this job opening?
- Academic Keys (www.academickeys.com)
- Chronicle of Higher Education - online
- Chronicle of Higher Education - print
- Diverse Jobs (www.diversejobs.net)
- Higher Ed Jobs (www.higheredjobs.com)
- Inside Higher Ed (www.insidehighered.com)
- Indeed (www.indeed.com)
- Roanoke Times Online (www.jobs.roanoke.com)
- Commonwealth of Virginia Jobs (www.jobs.virginia.gov)
- Virginia Tech job site (www.jobs.vt.edu)
- Other Virginia Tech affiliated website (please describe below)
- Other job board such as Simply Hired, Career Builder, etc. (please describe below)
- Job Fair (please describe below)
- Journal (please describe below)
- Listserv (please describe below)
- Newspaper - print (please describe below)
- Professional Conference (please describe below)
- From a friend/acquaintance not associated with Virginia Tech (please name below)
- From a Virginia Tech employee/representative/recruiter (please name below)
- Veteran related event/site (please describe below)
- Virginia Employment Commission - VEC
- Other - Not listed (please describe below)
- Resume/Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter
- List of References